Parafilm® M is a high quality, versatile, plastic sealing film which can be stretched up to 200% around both uniform and irregular shapes or surfaces. Ideal for covering glassware such as flasks, test tubes and beakers as well as sealing petri dishes.
Parafilm® M is resistant to many substances such as saline solutions, inorganic acids and alkaline solutions for up to 48 hours. After this time it may become brittle.
Conforms to general FDA requirements (if used below 55°C).
- Melting temperature: 60°C (Not suitable for autoclaving)
- Burning point: 301°C
- Continued use temperature: -45 to +50°C
- Stretching ability: 200 %
- Elongation at tear: 300 %
- Gas permeability over 24 hours at 23°C and 50 % relative air humidity
- 02 (Oxygen): less than 350 cm³/m²
- N2 (Nitrogen): less than 105 cm³/m²
- C02 (Carbon dioxide): less than 1100 cm³/m²
- Steam permeability over 24 hrs. at 37 °C and 90 % relative air humidity: 0.8 g/m²
Made in the USA
38m long roll, 100mm wide